Wednesday, May 4, 2011

WWTKW - Dinner Anyone?

Good Morning & Happy Wednesday!

My, I am full of pep this morning ~ I should be ~ it's already the 4th day of the LAST MONTH of school and I have our summer vacation booked (the beach for a week- YAY!!) and Bubba's birthday planned AND it's 6:45 a.m. and I have already gotten my workout in ~ whew!!

So it is Wednesday and it's is time for a fun post - Seriously Shawn, Impulsive Addict, Mamarazzi, and Janette all host We Want To Know Wednesday - I always like linking up as it gives me something fun & different to blog about.


Photobucket

And this week is NO exception, as our questions come from the lovely, SPUNKY Impulsive Addict:

{1} If money didn't matter, where would your perfect vacation be? Briefly describe.
My perfect vacation would be 3 months in Europe.  I want to visit every.single.country.  I want to stay as long as I want when I find a quaint town and learn the culture.  My 2 trips (France, Italy, Ireland, & England) were not enough and made me just want MORE!! Oh, and I'd take this guy along with me:
{2} What's a bad habit that you have {or had} that is/was hard to break?
Jumping to conclusions.  I have a BAD habit of getting only half of the story and assuming the worst about someone/something.  It has ruined relationships and ends up making me look like an ass.  Yeah, I'll admit it.  Instead, I am trying to "sleep on it"~ wait to react~take a deep breath~ you always seem to see things differently then.

{3} If you weren't on a diet or counting calories, what would you like to have for dinner tonight?
Are you ready for this?  When I was working, I would have meals similar to the one below 3-4 times a month and now I miss it SOOOOOOOO much:
2 lump crab cakes & 2 jumbo shrimp with cocktail & remoulade sauce
III Forks salad (baby greens, granny smith apples, candied pecans, blue cheese crumbles topped with a sweet vinaigrette)
8 oz prime filet, medium (warm pink center please)
grilled asparagus & scalloped potatoes
vanilla bean creme brulee
2 glasses of Malbac
yea, I know what I want. I seriously dream about this meal....

{4} If you had the chance to interview anyone in the world, dead or alive, who would it be and what's one question that you would ask?
Michelangelo.  I am not really into art at all, however, I read Agony & Ecstasy (bio of him) before heading to Italy (it was an amazing book) and it opened up my eyes to his life.  When I saw David and the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel, I teared up.  The book deals with how his art was both agonizing to him, yet filled him with meaning.  I would ask him, "What was your inspiration for the Sistine Chapel ceiling?"  Cause just look at this majesty:

{5}Describe yourself in 6 words.
Enthusiastic
Smart
Passionate
Determined
Dorky
Loving

That's me!  Hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday - thanks IA for the fun questions- now I am starving for a steak.....hmmm...Mother's Day is Sunday (hint, hint....Matt?  Are you out there?  Do you even read this anymore????)


P.S. Kudos to all those who guessed what was different in my vlog...after 3 years, I am going back to contacts.....still on the fence about them......Awesome job IA, Shawn, sarajo, MiMi, Mamarazzi,!!


12 comments:

Robin said...

Good Interview! I want to know "Who Was David Really? Was He Really Perfect?"

Anonymous said...

ha! I should have said geeky for one of my words. I never even thought of it. Six is just not enough. Happy Wednesday.

VandyJ said...

That is some meal. Makes me hungry to read it.

Shawn said...

What in the world time did you get up?

Anything for 3 months sound fantastic!

I think I am guilty of that as well from time to time and your resolution is perfect!

That salad sound incredible, maybe that will be lunch today, I think I have everything on hand! Did you at all of that? You are so my hero!

Please add, Outgoing- Caring- Endearing and Friendly to your list! mmkay...thanks!

Macey said...

Holy crap balls! You did a lot this morning! I'm thinking, yeah, you are def an early bird!!
I wanna go see the Sistine Chapel. :)

Unknown said...

That sounds like an awesome vacation! And jealous that you have already had a "taste"!

That dinner sounds yummy. All but the blue cheese. UGH, nasty stuff.

Your interview question makes think of changing mine to Da Vinci and asking who was Mona Lisa and what was she smiling about? And are the theories about your paintings true? Was Dan Brown right about ya? LOL!

Bees With Honey said...

Yes, Europe is definitely on my list too. Who would have thought of Michelangelo? Good choice. That would be one interesting interview!

I love your blog design. Very clean and striking.

Added myself to your Google Friend Connect.

Connie said...

I think we're twins.

When I have money to travel....let's go to Europe together.

P.S. I think you have so much pep today because you ate Quinoa last night.

Unknown said...

Haha every other post I mention how dorky we are and yet I totally didn't use it as one of my words. I am having the best time with this blog hop. Love all the new (to me) blogs.

I will be in Italy on my dream trip, stop by and we'll do a meal and buy some shoes. ;o)

Kelli said...

I love these Q&A's. I participated this time too. I said steak and lobster tail for my meal...yum! I hope you get back to Europe and do it up!

shortmama said...

Wow you got a ton done that early in the morning! I was still snoozing!

I want that meal...yum!

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

OK, I have a hard time not jumping to conclusions too. :)
Your vacation sounds FAB, as does the meal! Yum.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...